The Association of American Law Schools (AALS) is a nonprofit association of 179 law schools. The association serves as the learned society for over 9,000 law faculty at its member schools, and provides them with extensive professional development opportunities, including the AALS Annual Meeting which draws thousands of professors, deans and administrators each year.
The 2016 AALS Annual Meeting took place from 6-10 January, at the New York Hilton Midtown. This year’s conference theme was From Challenge to Innovation: American Legal Education in 2016, and the program included 200 sessions, 800 moderators, speakers, and discussion leaders, seven new types of program sessions and events, not to mention 50 networking events.
This year’s outstanding array of speakers included:
- A special welcome from Michael R. Bloomberg, Former Mayor of New York City and Founder, Bloomberg L.P. & Bloomberg Philanthropies
- The Honorable Justice Stephen Breyer, the Supreme Court of the United States
- Paulette Brown, ABA President
- The Honorable Robert A. Katzmann, US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, and author of Judging Statutes
- Blake D. Morant, AALS President and Dean, The George Washington University Law School
- Deborah L. Rhode, Director of the Center on the Legal Profession, Director of the Program in Law and Social Entrepreneurship (Stanford), and author of The Trouble with Lawyers and Lawyers as Leaders
One of the most memorable parts of the conference was getting to catch up with so many of our fantastic authors! Below is a photo slideshow of the authors that visited our booth.
And remember that we are still offering a 20% off discount for all our titles on display at the conference until 9 March 2016.
Image Credit: “Law” by Woody Hibbard. CC BY 2.0 via Flickr.
There are currently no comments.