Hello everyone. Link Love reaches you from a surprisingly sunny Oxford today, and I have lots of lovely links to share. Without further ado, here’s what I’ve been reading about this week – from Harry Potter, to John Humphrys, and second-hand books to hating Coldplay…
- Even though the series is now complete, the Harry Potter books are still breaking all sorts of records.
- John Humphrys is one of the UK’s most feared interviewers. But is he really as fearsome as he seems on the Today Programme?
- One of my favourite poets, John Burnside, was amongst the winners of the Society of Authors prizes this week.
- Personally, I can’t get enough of second-hand books, so I disagree with everything this guy says.
- Literary website The Valve is discussing George Eliot’s Adam Bede over the summer. Debates are already brewing, but remember rule #3: It’s summer, let’s have fun and not be snarky. (And thanks to The Reader Online for pointing me in The Valve’s direction.)
- The Independent has an article by Andy Gill on why he hates Coldplay. I have to say I hate them too.
- Here are some seriously dramatic photographs by Alfred G Buckham.