Take the Economic Risk Test
Jacob Hacker’s new book, The Great Risk Shift: The Assault on American Jobs, Families, Health Care, and Retirement and How you Can Fight Back addresses problems which could devastate the finances of any American family. To find out if you are at risk check out the questions below. Do some of them ring true? If so, follow the links to the resources we have researched to help you out. To learn more about Jacob Hacker read his Q & A with OUP.
Are you at risk?
- Do you have kids?
- Did you just buy a home?
- Have you put off buying a home?
- Do you have elderly parents who need your help, or will soon?
- Has anyone where you work been fired, laid off, or down-sized?
- Have you had your job for 30 years?
- Have you had your job for 3 years?
- Are you getting by without health insurance?
- Do you have health insurance, but it does not cover all your needs?
- Do you have a pension?
- Do you wish you had a pension?
- Is your 401K invested in company stock?
- Is your 401K not invested in any stock?