Encyclopedia of Popular Music Quiz
Think you are smart? Are you smart enough to go up against Colin Larkin the editor of the Encyclopedia of Popular Music? Well here is your chance. Try the five questions below, write your answers down, and then click the “continue reading” link to see if you were right. If you weren’t even close don’t worry, we will be posting more questions throughout the day. All together you’ll have three chances to get your butt kicked by Larkin.
- Whitney Houston had a huge hit in 1992 with ‘I Will Always Love You’ from the soundtrack of The Bodyguard. Who wrote and recorded the original?
- Which Jefferson Airplane hit single is based on a Victorian children’s story?
- On which show did the Beatles make their first US television appearance?
- Janis Joplin had her biggest hit after she died. Which of her singles reached US number one in 1971?
- Michael, Jermaine, Tito and Jackie. Who is missing, and what is the name of the group?
- Dolly Parton
- White Rabbit (Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland)
- Ed Sullivan Show
- Me and Bobby McGee
- Marlon, The Jackson Five
Want to read more by Larkn? Check out his list of the worst music albums of all time and come back on Monday, November 6th to read Larkin’s essay “Shoot The Designer.”